Sunday, July 30, 2006

Reflections

Was having a very nice chat with Selina (S.H.E) this late afternoon at Pastor Lillian’s house when we talked about Life isn’t a bed of roses……


Yes… I totally agree with that…. Because Life isn’t a bed of roses, we need God even more. There are many things in this world that are beyond our control. Sometimes certain things happen so unexpectedly that we are caught off guard. Sometimes, we find it hard to manage our expectation. Sometimes, we don’t have peace. Sometimes, we wonder what life is.


To me, life is very fragile. Once we walk the wrong path in the first place, we may never find back the same right path again. Or we may need a lot of time and energy to get back to where we should be going. Sometimes, we may not even have a second chance.


I want to live a life without regrets. If I did not have a stubborn mindset in the past, I might have lived a victorious life much earlier. But I know
there is a purpose for everything in the kingdom of God.


In this life, there are so many things I wanted to do. Yet in the midst of pursuing, am I neglecting something else? Am I focusing on the right issue?


People always think that there is something religious about religion. Yet I know deep in my heart that GOD TRULY EXISTS. If I can tell you my story about God’s miracles in my life, I will need more than a day.


I love my God. He is your God too.


I remembered how I nearly got into an accident when I was working as an accounting executive in a factory at Yew Tee. Was walking to the factory area to find some workers to clarify some work issues but did not see the long metal sharp steel right in front of me. All of a sudden, I felt a force pulling me aside. The next split second, I saw the sharp long metal steel just a few inches from me.


What is that force? That is God. He saved my life. Not once, but innumerable times.


Indeed the harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few. I felt weak when I have understood the crop’s hearts. There are too many issues awaiting God’s confirmations and revelations. There are too many locks and closed doors. The steward can do the best he knows how. And God will do the rest.


Once my previous cell group leader Lester will always tell me that there are THREE things he will always pray in the morning.


He will glory God in his speech and actions
He will have many opportunities to bless the people around him
He will experience God’s presence everywhere he goes, and the anointing of God will be upon him



As for myself, I also want to pray for three things:

Let me be a blessing to the people around me, especially my family
Let words of encouragement and love proceed out of my mouth
Let me be a good listener



In Psalm 73,

Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You hold me by my right hand,
You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home