Friday, June 09, 2006

A cosy bedroom, living room, kitchen, balcony.....

1 Kings 9:2-4 (NKJV)

that the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as He had appeared to him at Gibeon. And the LORD said to him: “I have heard your prayer and your supplication that you have made before Me; I have consecrated this house which you have built to put My name there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.


Building fund is not something new, and it is something that takes us out of our comfort zone. Every OPPORTUNITY to fulfill our pledge is a new path to greater Faith and Love – forever etched in our memories, that will equip us to a higher level of courage, perseverance and abundance.


The first time I sowed into building fund was when we were still situated in Hollywood Theatre. At that time, I do not understand the profound meaning behind a love for the House of God. To me, I just want to do something for Someone who has rescued and comforted me in a devastating situation.


God’s grace has always been there for me. Considering myself to be a person of strong mindset, I decided to read the Word of God to strengthen myself, as I was given more and more opportunity to sow.


One night some years ago, God spoke to me as I sat down in a little corner of my room, just below my dressing table reading the bible. I felt this word “HONOUR”.


An overwhelming of God’s presence was in my room as I flipped through the bible and saw these 2 verses which really ministered to me:


2 Samuel 7:26-28 (NKJV)

So let Your name be magnified forever, saying, ‘The LORD of hosts is the God over Israel.’ And let the house of Your servant David be established before You. For You, O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, have revealed this to Your servant, saying, ‘I will build you a house.’ Therefore Your servant has found it in his heart to pray this prayer to You. “And now, O Lord GOD, You are God, and Your words are true, and You have promised this goodness to Your servant.



1 Chronicles 28: 10

“Consider now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a house for the sanctuary; be strong, and do it.”


These two verses are so close to my heart. When I saw these verses, I really felt in my heart that God was speaking to me. I felt God encouraging me and telling me that I am His chosen one, to build a beautiful tabernacle for Him. I felt God telling me that I will comprehend, and He will help me understand the purpose behind everything that has happened.


For many are called, but few chosen. (Matt 20: 16)


I felt that it is such a great honour to be part of this grand building project, and I want to be a part of this. I remembered that I kept telling God to include me in this big project. I asked God not to forget me and give me a chance. I asked God to remember me as I sow.


God specifically told me that He will put this desire in my heart, and I have to be strong, and just do it. Sometimes as we weigh the factors and circumstances, we tend to stop where we are, and forgot about keep going on. God knows, and He said, be strong, and do it.


Gal 6: 7, 9
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.


GOD is indeed very very very very very very very very very very GOOD.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home