Sunday, July 02, 2006

Little Notes


Mummy is sick, just finished ironing the clothes for her. Now resting on my sofa, placing my laptop on the new coffee table we’ve just bought from Ikea, with a little cup of Lipton white tea, and Kevin Kern’s Summer Day dream music………….


Ever since I came back from Taiwan, have been experiencing a different kind of feeling altogether. Felt a bit lost and confused. Really need to reorganize my thoughts. Things were fun in Taiwan, many places to walk around, very nice food to eat and interesting people to look at. Life was different and places are nice. Seeing my friend walking down the aisle is a weird feeling. By right, I should be very happy when my dearest friend is getting married. By left, I was feeling very strange. She seemed so mature and distant suddenly.


Just like the song we always sing – “When the music fades, all is stripped away….” To me, Taiwan trip is like a great performance held in a grand ancient theatre, when it all ended, people left, music faded, everything’s in silence. We came back to Singapore on a Monday midnight, got to work the next day. That was the most SUPER BLUE and TIRED Tuesday in my life. But there is a season for everything – its time for me to work hard again, and I must do it.


Many things happened in Taiwan, made me appreciate my family even more, that we should not take each other for granted. Sometimes when there are exciting things around, we tend to lose our focus, and that’s when we can see traces of impatience and harsh tones. For a period in Taiwan, I thought I lost God while trying to capture all that we can get in Taiwan for just mere 4 days. This is a very insecure feeling, do not know where you are heading most of the time, and spent most of the time feeling guilty about it. Yet God is good, we always seem to be at the right place at the right time, and things always turn out very good for us.



Mummy bought some nice T shirts, brother met up with a friend in Taiwan, Xuan got her beautiful purple tube dress from Lyle & Scott, and I got my nice pinkish Japanese LuckNek bag. Throughout our journey, my brother was very patient with us and even helped us to choose some of our clothing. Thank God for pinkie dog (our brother).



Though there are many things to buy in Taiwan, things are not all cheap. We went to a Japanese Department Stall near Taipei Interchange Mrt. There are many nice things to buy, but very expensive – average pricing is at least TWD3,000/-. Throughout my years of shopping experience, I have understood one point. Don’t buy if you’re hesitant about it and if you are getting no response from the Holy Spirit, don’t buy! I bought a very pretty Japanese sundress at TWD3,320/- (which I am really convicted to buy). That’s all I have. No more left for other stuff.



People in Taiwan like to wake up early and read newspaper at a café such as Starbucks, or even Macdonalds. They are very fashionable and girls are expert in make up. On a street like Ximen Ding, you can easily find a few Jolin-lookalike girls, especially those at departmental makeup counter.


Yet there are quite a no. of beggars around too. Once I saw a beggar lying outside a convenience store, with his leg wrapped around with a very thick and dirty bandage, so thick that its about 30cm in diameter. Inside I could see rotten skin and full of blood.



My friend’s car got GPS and its very fun to see her adjusting the settings to find the right map for the place we are heading. She took me to the bridal shop as she needed to try out her gowns. There is a whole row of bridal shops and their bridal gowns are so beautiful. Not like that kind we will see in Singapore…. Taiwan bridal shop gowns seem more fitting for a royal princess. Anyway, we ladies are all God’s precious gems. Hahhaha….



Haha… got so many things to write about….just grabbed a Nutty Bar Chocolate from Royce….. felt a bit hungry…. Asked daddy where to eat later…. But he said dunno. My daddy is so cute…. kept coming to me and telling me that his stomach is so much slimmer nowadays and what he has done to slim down his stomach. To me, it looks just the same – BIG ROUND STOMACH.


Really want to thank God that I am living on this earth. Even the fact that I am walking on the path, I felt so blessed. There are so many things to be thankful for. We are walking too fast at times. Really need to slow down our pace, and recount our blessings.



I am so happy I am Xiaowei. I am so happy Xuan is my sister. I am so happy God is my Father. Life is without meaning if we do not understand what we have.


So happy to come back from Taiwan when I think about my home in Singapore, and church. In fact when I was on the plane departing for Singapore, home and church are the only 2 things which I seek comfort in.



Next year I want to go 2 places - New Zealand and Mission Trip. I have talked about bringing my mummy to New Zealand for so many times, but this never realize because its too expensive. I have just set up my budget sheet yesterday night. Looking at the excel worksheet, not only can I make it for New Zealand and Mission Trip, I still got some leftover for a 7 months sabbatical due to my studies and building fund if I start saving up diligently + if co. gives me bonus!



Okie….. gotta end my notes here….. want to take a short nap before we head for dinner ;o)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home