Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Little Pebbles - Work

Right now its 8.55pm at Xuan's study place SIM university, waiting for her to finish school. I’ve just finished my fish burger and French fries! And now sipping my nice hot tea from Macdonalds!


As I was eating, was reading through some people’s blogs – sis Kless, Yanlin, Xiangcen, Xuan, Gary, Bro. Isaiah, Calista. Its such a great enjoyment to have all the time to yourself and reading blogs while sipping a nice cup of warm tea. All of a sudden, the world stops spinning.


Today is Tuesday. Going to be weekend soon. Yesterday was Monday. It was a terribly blue Monday. Dunno what has happened to me. Every day in work is like carrying a big and heavy stone until I cannot breathe. I felt tremendous pressure and stress upon me. Its not that I have too many things to do, I think I can still handle with a couple of overtime sessions. However, it's the level of responsibility that is getting me suffocated. Talking about being a woman of God in the marketplace, I wonder how people do it if they don’t have God by their side.


These few weeks I have not been having lunches with colleagues. I will always buy back lunch and hide in my desk and read blogs (especially sis Kless) as I am eating my lunch. I seldom fellowship with colleagues and just concentrate on finishing my work. I can be having an expressionless countenance one moment, and another moment a big wide grin because my brother (aka pinkie dog) sms me he’s coming to fetch me to go dinner at some shopping centre!


I asked myself, what has happened? Why I seem to be in depression mode when it comes to work? Aren’t I supposed to be the light and salt in my marketplace? Aren’t I supposed to glorify God in my demeanor? Aren’t I supposed to be faithful in the little things and excel in my work?


I finally understood one big factor that’s contributing to this feeling that I’ve.


To me, everyday at the marketplace is like going to work in a battlefield - gotta put on my soldier armor and fight like crazy. I meet all sorts of people, especially domineering and sometimes rude colleagues. Sometimes I have to speak to people of much higher authority. To add to this stress, there are problems to overcome everyday, though not a lot, but enough to make my head swell.


If I am not prepared in my attitude, I will always be in a laid back and pessimistic mode - won’t feel like getting up to fight, won’t be mentally and physically prepared to face any challenges. Thus when a challenge comes, I will be like an ostrich and hide in my self-dug hole.


In this way, I will always be fearful of what is to come, I will never enjoy my work to the fullest. I will be like Job in the bible – “what I have feared has came upon me…..” I will never be ready, I will never be happy.



When I am not ready to fight, I will be easily intimidated by people and problems – may it be big or small. I will start to lose my self-confidence and who I am in God – a princess! I will start to lose interest and faithfulness in my work. I will stumble in every work that I do.


Pastor Kong once preached about “Problem solver will have glory”. He elaborated on problem solver people getting promotion and financial rewards in their work place. He also talked about problem solver people add value and glory in their lives.


I personally feel that these people are always prepared to solve any problems. In fact, they are always looking for opportunities to solve problems. And when an opportunity comes, they will feel so excited about it. They will be strong, calm and ready to face any problem. No matter how difficult a problem may seem to be, they will take things one step and a time, and exercise wisdom in approaching it.


If you look at those big bosses in the corporate world, they are great problem solvers. Some are not even Christians. What about us?



We have God. Our heavenly Father promises in the bible that He will help us. He will give us wisdom and strength. He will be with us when we need Him. He will help us fight the battle for us. He will repay our enemies. He will love us for who we are. He will provide for us. He will protect us. He will help us prosper and succeed.

WOW…..


Throughout the period here in my work place, so many challenges and difficult problems have occurred. Whenever I was given an opportunity to handle the issues, I took it with a heart of courage and faith and I always excel in resolving problems. Over time, due to tiredness and stress, I became "burned out".


But as I start to remind myself once again that I am a GREAT problem solver, I felt empowered again. I become more confident and eager to face the difficult issues and people at work. Work becomes more pleasant and enjoyable.


I am writing all these down so that I can look at what I’ve written and encourage myself in office next time I feel blue again. Hahaha…..

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:09 pm , Blogger Mummy Kless said...

加油! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home