Sunday, July 30, 2006

Familiarity breeds Contempt

Tomorrow is service, I was about to go to sleep. But suddenly felt a small gentle still voice in my heart that I should write something on this.


I once heard this phrase from Brother Victor, and I totally agree with him. In fact, this is something I always meditate in my heart because since young, my mother has already instilled this value in us.


Being too familiar with someone to the extent of taking that person for granted? Long experience of someone or something can make one so aware of the faults as to be scornful.


Such as borrowing some personal things from a friend on a regular basis especially expensive stuff……or a regular car ride home even when it is out of the way…..or not showing appreciation for the little things that a friend has done…..or not returning borrowed money timely........ or overstaying at a friend’s house…….always late in an appointment…....teasing words instead of encouragement….....


Sometimes, it's the little things that add up, and accumulate so much that it results in scornful feelings. If such are evident in a good Christian’s lifestyle, will this stumble new believers?


Humans are not perfect. I pray that we will all see the speck in our own eyes before we take note of others’ speck..
I pray that God will give us wisdom, especially in the little things that we handle every moment of our lives.


Thank God for His grace.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:10 pm , Blogger Mummy Kless said...

Agree agree totally agree. Just this week I witnessed how over familiarity brought about dire consequences..

 
At 7:24 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here fleurdelalune.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Scientific Research displays that almost 90% of all United States grownups are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home