Sunday, December 11, 2005

A Movie Night

Pastor Tan said, “A family that eats together, stays together.” I would also like to add, “A family that watches a movie together, also stays together.”

Two Tuesdays ago, my family and I went to watch “Harry Potter” at Causeway Point. It was a Tuesday night, just right after I have recovered from my illness. However, I was still coughing very heavily.

We have dinner at a very nice restaurant. After dinner, we went to Arcade and play some games. I did not play at all, but was busying taking down pictures of my brother, sister and mother as they are playing, and laughing. It was comical to see how each of my family members would behave when they are at the games arcade. They can be so cute and funny.

After games, we proceeded to the movie theatre. We have a voucher that allows us to buy popcorn and drinks at a discount. However, there are no hot drinks available. As I was coughing very badly, I decided to get an Ice Lemon Tea drink without ICE.

Then we brought all the pop corn and drinks in, place them at a table, with my sister and myself looking after the stuff, while my brother and mum went to the toilet.

What happen next I will never forget.

The ice lemon tea (without ice) was still quite cold. My sister, knowing that I have a cough, took the ice lemon and position it between her knees, and then use her hands to hold the cup so as to warm it up.

Even though it is quite impossible for the ice lemon tea to be warm within such a short period, her touch of love really warms my heart. I felt so loved and comforted to see my sister doing all these for me. I am very grateful to her.

I don’t know to say, but I know I am not a good sister to her at times. All I want to tell my sister is, I will take good care of you. When I am not nice to you, please forgive me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home