Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Simple Things in Life

Sometimes just doing the simple things in life can bless you so much.......

Once I read a quote, "When you're contented with the basics, everything is a bonus."

Today is a Sunday. Whole afternoon laze around, read lots of financial articles, but none of them reside in my mind. Took many short naps and read a few pages of christian book every nap
interval.......

Finally it came to dinner time, my father brought us out for dinner.

We went to a coffee shop at Yishun interchange. My father wants to eat porridge, but i don't want. But i know that if i don't eat porridge with him, my father won't be able to order so many other dishes because he has one less person to share the food with him. So i gave in to my father.

Then during dinner, he kept talking about his work, happy things, and unhappy things. As I was listening, i felt so comforted that i've God. I know that only God can help my father resolve all the problems and unhappiness. And i felt so happy that there is one very important thing i can do for my father : to PRAY for him.

As i look at my father talking to me, i felt he look so cute.

After dinner, we went to the Chinese Medicine shop and shop for a while. Though its only a small shop, it was such an interesting experience just looking at the way my parents glance thru' the herbs and medicines products. Especially my father, kept asking the shopkeeper "what is this, what is that?"

He wanted to buy bird nest for us, but after smelling the bird nest in the glass jar, he complained to the shop keeper that it contained too many preservatives! He even ask the shop keeper to smell. hahahhaa....

Think we stayed about half an hour in that small shop!

I felt so contented just by having dinner with my parents in a simple coffeeshop and visit the Chinese Medicine shop with them. Its a kind of contentment that this world will never be able to give.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:48 pm , Blogger Mummy Kless said...

wei.. I think someone who's conntented with all that she has is a very blessed woman. And in my opinion, you are definitely one of those rare ones who can find joy in the midst of anything at all. You inspire me! :D

 
At 12:51 pm , Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

Thank you sis kless.

You're always so encouraging in all circumstances. You're a very strong woman of God.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home