Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Grace of a Father and a father

No amount of words can express the tremendous gratitude I felt in my heart these few days, towards my Heavenly Father and my earthly father.


During bible study on last Tues, I drove to church and did not manage to secure a parking space inside church building. In a hurry, i quickly park the car in the HDB carpark beside our church building and places 2 parking coupons. I was given a penalty ticket of SGD50/- by a traffic police officer as the car park is only for season parking holders.


I felt so worried cos SGD50/- is a big sum to pay! The next day I wrote an appeal letter to the HDB. And i call up HDB Jurong branch one week later to check the status of my appeal. Amazingly they decided to waive the penalty! The kind of relief i felt is indescribable!!!!!


On this Tues, I drove to church and arrived at 6.45pm. I was not able to arrive early as i have meetings going on in the afternoon. This time i park the car at the multi-storey carpark. Due to my hurry, i forgot to put car coupons!! i did not realise this till i got to church. And i also forgot to take my handphone! (always be careful when u're in a hurry!)


Initially wanted to book seats for cg, looks like there's no chance la! I met June at the toilet, felt so happy cos at least i can sms Yanlin and Xiangcen not to look for me since i have no handphone with me. Then i walk sadly to B4 auditorium, look for an usher and ask for a seat.


The usher told me this , "FOLLOW ME". Its only in times like this you can really feel so grateful to the usher! They are like your "hero", "strong tower", "saviour"!


So i follow the usher and walk down the aisle, thinking that this time i aren't going to sit with my cell group. And suddenly YANLIN grab me by my arms! At that moment, I felt GREAT JOY AND RELIEF. I can feel the TANGIBLE GRACE OF GOD!! Thank u Jesus!


During the praise and worship, I was very worried about getting a penalty ticket for not placing car coupon in my car. This kinda took away my focus on God for a few moments. Suddenly i felt in my heart that its a PRIVILEGE to be standing here and I should CHERISH THE MOMENTS with God and stop thinking about the ticket! If i have to get a penalty ticket, SO BE IT!


And the result is, i did not get a penalty ticket! ho ho ho ho ho!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Towards my earthly father, i really feel so grateful to him.

On wed, i have to bring the car for servicing at Borneo Motors. Some of the car parts are not good and needs to be change. All these will amount to about SGD800/-.

I asked my father if i should go ahead and he told me that its too expensive and he will bring me to the car mechanics at Ang Mo Kio car workshop to change the parts.

So i left the car at Borneo Motors and collect the car at 4.20pm.

Before i collect the car, i had a conversation with my father regarding the car and it ended up in a quarrel. In addition, he asked me to meet him at a place in Ang Mo Kio, before going to the car workshop, which i dunnno where and ended up again in a not-so-pleasant conversation.


When i finally met him at the designated place, he signal to me to follow his car and he will lead me to the workshop. Upon reaching the workshop, guess what is the first thing my father did?


He gave me 2 pieces of bread. And the breads are very very delicious.

I felt so grateful to my father.


The Grace of the Father and a father -- PRICELESS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home