Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Love your ENEMIES

Today I drove from my office to Potong Pasir during lunch. On the way, teared a little as I drove. The office battle was too much to bear. How can mankind's character and integrity degenerate to such an extent? Being a good disciple of God in the marketplace truly requires me to put on the WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD. Else I will never survive.


Parked at a HDB lot, I took out the little bible I always place in the car. And flipping quickly, I was looking into Psalms for all the verses about adversaries and enemies -- their tongues are so sharp, every words spoken are like arrows piercing into the heart.


Searching through every pages in the bible is like hunting for a treasure from God. I managed to find a few verses which really encourage me and give me the revelation to look at things from a fresh angle.


1) Remain CALM and sing PRAISE SONGS to God when people hurt you with their words

Psalm 57: 4-8
My soul is among lions;
I lie among the sons of men
Who are set on fire,
Whose teeth are spears and arrows,
And their tongue a sharp sword.

My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and give praise.
Awake, my glory!
Awake, lute and harp!
I will awaken the dawn.


I went back to office, keeping my cool, and humming lots of praise songs in my mind.
After a while, I felt so peaceful and was in a better position to think clearly and work efficiently.


2) Righteousness in times of Tribulation is a Sacrifice

Psalm 4:4-5
Be angry, and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah
Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And put your trust in the LORD.


Imagine being polite to someone who was so rude to you in front of everyone? How can I afford to let loose of my wrath when the Name of my precious God is at stake?


3) God's heart is with the righteous. Revenge is in His hands.

Psalm 7: 10-11
My defense is of God,
Who saves the upright in heart.
God is a just judge,
And God is angry with the wicked every day.

Psalm 37: 12-15
The wicked plots against the just,
And gnashes at him with his teeth.
The Lord laughs at him,
For He sees that his day is coming.
The wicked have drawn the sword
And have bent their bow,
To cast down the poor and needy,
To slay those who are of upright conduct.
Their sword shall enter their own heart,
And their bows shall be broken.


Just now a JAMs Church teacher, Kumar, was sharing with me about revenge in God's hands and timing. He mentioned that his colleague deliberately took "MC" on New Year's Eve without consideration that his own duties have to be covered by Kumar (who has already planned his fun activities!) Unwillingly and very very upset, Kumar just helped his colleagues with his duties and forgo his holiday.

But God is a just God. A year later, that colleague of his ended up having to work on New Year's Eve as well and it's compulsory for him! So no escape this time!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:42 pm , Blogger Yanlin said...

dear ah-ne xiaowei, i really admire your love for God and His words. In times of troubles, you will still faithfully seek Him and find comfort in His words!

you are really a true testimony of God in your marketplace :)

 
At 7:38 pm , Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

Dear ah-ne Yanlin!

Thanks for your encouragements. Writing what i feel over here towards the marketplace people further strengthens my heart.

God really comforts us in times of need.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home