Sunday, December 11, 2005

First Day @ Expo

Just like what sis kless said, its one thing to know that we are going to Expo, but another thing to feel the reality coming to pass.

Today is my first day at Expo. I was so overwhelmed by the size of the hall. Its so big.

I arrived at 8.40am. I was driving. On my way to the car park, I saw many people walking towards Church. I saw many cars. I saw many traffic ushers. I saw a long queue already at Hall 8. I saw many people at the foyer area.

In my heart, I asked God for Peace.

Colossians 3:15 (New King James Version)


15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Seeing so many people makes me worried about not able to secure a parking lot, not able to secure a whole row at a good location for our cell group. Am I supposed to come so early all the way from Yishun every week to book seats, and yet there’s already such a long queue at only 8.35am? How am I going to bring my mother and new friends, and ensure that they are comfortable even while queuing up with me? What about big events like Christmas?
All these questions keep running in my mind. I cannot help but feel a sense of insecurity and uncertainty.

But even as these feelings came into my heart, God certainly heard my prayers.
I tell myself that I am not going to squeeze and push with the crowd. I will be gentle even as we make our way down the queue when the auditorium doors open.

Philippians 4:5 (New King James Version)
5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.


Pastor John Avanzini said that a church is powerful not because of its organizational structure, but because it is built on the work of every anointed man and woman of God.
I want to be one of those anointed woman of God.

Even as our church gets bigger and stronger, I will not be proud and forget about myself serving my cg members. In the midst of taking care of my own cg members, I must also consider the needs of other cg members. We are a church united together, all cell groups should care for one another.

As we are going to be history makers, I want to have a part, and STAND IN THE GAP. May it be big or small matters, as long as I fulfill God’s calling, I have not lived this precious life that God has given me in vain.


Ultimately, it is not my glory, but God’s Holy Glory.

Let God open our hearts, and give us a BIGGER HEART – to be quick to Love and to Forgive.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home