Sunday, December 11, 2005

Diary of a Special Day - Bro Victor and Sis Yvonne’s Wedding

My sister and I heard the news that we’re going to be ushers at Bro. Vic and Sis. Yvonne’s wedding. We were thrilled. Because Bro. Victor and Sis. Yvonne are very special in our hearts, and on their special day we are able to do something for them, this is something we are always looking forward to.

First thing, both my sister and myself wanted to look pretty on that day. Cos it’s a SPECIAL DAY! Thank God that I brought a very nice dress and top when I went shopping with my mum a few weeks ago. But my sister seldom wears dress. So she got worried. We have a hard time thinking about what to wear, but finally I got something nice for my sister. It was a perfect match, and she looked very pretty on that day.

Since we have to be in the hall at 9.30am, we need to sleep early! I slept at 11am.

The next morning, we were on our way to church. We saw Christine, who was busying doing up the flowers. I knew she needed help, so after listening to Bro. Lester’s instructions about our ushers’ responsibilities, I went to help Christine wrap up the flowers sponge with beautiful blue wrapper.

Xuan needed to stay at B4 auditorium while I am at lobby. It was such a strategic location, as I can direct my jams church student to lift 1,2,3 and the guests to lift 4,5,6. It happens that the wedding timing and Jams church timing are the same, thus I have to do this at the last minute. It was amazing to lead the guests to the other lift and saying hi to my students at the other side.

One funny was Bro. Victor’s students. His students came in one BIG BATCH and walking in one queue. When they came pass the church main guard, they stop right in front of the Gloria Jeans Stall for at least 10s, not knowing what to do. Bro. Isaiah and I were wondering why are they “queueing” there? Its like a long long queue until the main gate. Quite comical.

Until 11am, I was still ushering. I got panic. I was thinking is the wedding going to start? I want to see sis. Yvonne walking down the aisle!!! I went to Haohan and bro. Isaiah, who are standing a few distance away from me directing traffic, and asked them if we should go down? They said wait for a while more.

So I went back and continue doing my ushering.

Finally when Hao Han came to me saying we can proceed to B4. I quickly RAN to the lift. Hao Han was still walking slowly ah. As we reached B4, I went to row 2. Its amazing that Jing Hong and June managed to secure a seat in front for me. I was just behind bro. Vic, and so near stage. Thank you Jinghong and June!

The time came when sis Yvonne came out. It was a very beautiful moment that everyone has been longing for. Bro. Vic was overwhelmed. He was taking deep breath, like trying to say AWESOME from his facial expression.

Sis Yvonne was so pretty. Smooth complexion, beautiful bridal gown, and most important – A beautiful HEART.

Yes, a beautiful bride has a beautiful heart. Everything is so holy and beautiful. Knowing bro. Victor and sis Yvonne for a few yrs, we are so happy to see them tie the knot together. What God has put together, indeed let no man separate. It’s a marriage in heaven.

Throughout the holy matrimony, sis Klessis was playing the piano or clavinova? I know sis kless knows how to play piano, but didn’t know she’s so good at it. Its one thing to know how to play, but another to play it well and at the same time, filling the whole auditorium with the presence of God.

After the whole thing, when Pastor Tan was pronouncing Mr. and Mrs Victor Lim, I quickly rushed out to Lobby, to direct guests to Rivera.

After my “mission”, my sister and I went to Rivera to have our BIG FEAST. Because we are SO HUNGRY. But I think I am too greedy. I took such a big plate that even sis Cheng was commenting how big it was. I told God I will try not to take such a big plate again.

We saw Bro. Vic and Sis Yvonne at Rivera. I think they are so overwhelmed by this whole thing. They just keep smiling and talk little. So glad we managed to take a photo with them.

After we have our lunch, Xuan needed to go to her exams. So I fetched her down and come back again to fetch Bro. Ziwei as we needed to support a youth event at orchard, organized by CHEC.

Just like that, a beautiful day has ended. But it has been so fruitful and wonderful.

Dear God, please bless and protect Bro. Vic and Sis Yvonne’s marriage.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home