Sunday, January 22, 2006

God is coming home with me

Whenever I go travelling, or to some enjoyable events (including our church services), I would come home feeling a bit sad.


Because all the happy events seem to have ended and life is “back to normal”. This kind of feeling is especially strong when you have to work the next day.


The beautiful country that I visited, the scenic island, the colourful fishes I saw while snorkeling, the boat ride in the swamp, the swimming pool, the good food, the quality time with family, the fellowship with cell group and church members, the humerous jokes, the outstanding and comical performances, the beautiful red costume, the stage lights, the hard work….


In the bible, “The end of a matter is better than its beginning.”


Looking this verse gives me no reason to be sad over the end of all happy events because the best is yet to come. I cannot be so short sighted and keeps dwelling in the past events. I must believe that there’s always greater joy, and hope in the future. I remember seeing Pastor Sun’s comments in one magazine – she told us that we should always LOOK FORWARD in life and not backward.


Isaiah 42:9


Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”


I believe that God is a Father of new things. There are many unprecedented things that He does which exceed all that we could ever think or imagine. I always like to use this analogy that God is the best Chess Player in the whole world. In fact, He is such a genius in His chess playing skills because every move that He makes seems to be so sharp, so timely, so wise, so strategical, and subtle.


I trust in my God and I love Him every day.


In this year 2006, I will discard all the negative issues, bad habits, temptations, thoughts, or character, desires and place my entire focus on God alone.



The joy of the Lord will be my GREATEST strength. I can be assured that God is going home with me after every happy event, and He will be travelling with me whenever I go. When I work, He will be seated beside me. Before I sleep, He will give me a pat.


And with this joy, beautiful words will flow from my mouth, generous acts will flow from my heart, and I will be a wonderful blessing to the people around me, especially my precious family.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home