Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Times and Seasons

This season has been tremendous.

Took my mummy to the Christmas drama. First time I saw her laugh so hysterically over the Three Wise Man. Gary was the one on the stage right. He and the rest of the Two Wise Man dance as if they cannot balance on their legs. Their hand movements and facial expressions are so funny, it is such a creative humour from heaven. Thanks Gary and the rest of you all for making my mummy and the rest of the audience laugh so happily. You are our joy! Thanks to Xuan as well, for a great dance offering!


After drama, I took my mummy for a lunch at food court with my CG members. We have some food before going to the Carnival for some fun. Because my mummy was with me, I want to take good care of her and don’t want her to feel neglected. I will never forget how I neglected my mum when I took her to Hong Kong during my younger days and forgot about her while having fun with my friends. I will also never forget the days of snow-skiing in Korea, and leaving my mummy trying to balance on her own, while wearing her skis. Thus I tell myself if I ever bring my mummy out, I’d remain focus on her needs and not be distracted by the fun things around me.


During carnival, I took my mummy to play ball games because she couldn’t take the rides. We won a soft toy and a gas balloon! We gave all these to baby Dylan.


I remember telling my cg members that I want to play some rides with them. But I couldn’t play immediately cos I was playing ball games together with my mummy. I was definitely enjoying the ball games, but was wondering if my cg members are taking the rides?



After a few sessions of games, I took a walk around the carnival hall with my mummy. We saw the Big Ring Ride? (using centripetal force to keep you in place). Suddenly I saw my cg members inside! Oh, its gonna be too late to join them now.

But what happened next I will never forget. It’s a great hint to me from God. The guy in charge of the ride suddenly shout out “ONE more person needed!”. WOW…………… I quickly gave him my $5 coupon and step into the ride, with my cg members just opposite me!


This incident leaves me in AWE. Though it seems like a trivial thing, it has brought alive the Word of God in this very carnival. Times and Seasons are in God’s hands. He is never late. Its not use struggling to bring forward certain things which are not of God's precious Will, or trying to achieve something which God has not told you to. If it is from God, it will come to pass, at the right time.


John 3:27
John answered and said, “A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.

Matthew 20:6
And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing idle, and said to them, 'Why have you been standing here idle all day?'

Mark 9:35
And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.”

Ecclesiastes 3:1
[ Everything Has Its Time ] To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:

Daniel 2:21
And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:30 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kiddo, glad your mum liked the drama. tats what it's all about, getting into people...
yup,m never neglect your mum. it's great to know that you hold her in such high esteem. we gotta honour our parents, yeah!

 
At 4:06 pm , Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

amen! we should honour our parents no matter what. Thank you brother gary! now i know u're gary SIM. so i can call u GS now...! hahahahah!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home