Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Contentment in God

Today is a holiday and it is raining.

I woke up at 11am and went for lunch at a coffee shop with my family.

On the way back home on our car (name: Baby Vios), I suddenly felt so happy about doing the
ordinary things in life……

Lunch at a coffee shop, mopping the floor at home, finish reading the stack of notes, writing down thoughts, looking at the beautiful forest outside my house, and my mum washing the laundry, and the funny conversations with my precious brother, listening to the enchanting music, drinking a cup of green tea, hugging my “fragrant” bolster, reading blogs……


I told my sister, Xuan, on the Baby Vios, that life without God is really meaningless. Just like the song we always sing, “My world means nothing without you”.


No matter what great things God would give us, or strong passion He would put into our hearts for relationships, or visions, it would never sustain nor last, if we do not think about God all the time in our hearts. Contrary, if we have God in the center of our lives, we will feel so joyful in whatever things we do, may it be small or big. Even though it seems so ordinary, yet you will have a sense of contentment and joy in doing it.


I think I am a perfectionist when it comes to work. Really want to make sure that I learnt everything, and understood everything. I dig a lot of materials for reading just to make sure I am well equipped in my work. A lot of financial stuff is piled up in my room. Recently I took over a new responsibility (cash forecasting) and strong analytical skill is needed for this role. I felt quite stressful and wanted to go through all the information again so that I will do better in next month forecast.


On last Sunday, just when I was about to open my notebook and do my work again, I just felt the Holy Spirit telling me to Let Go – Let Go of Everything. Though I got lots of work to do, I just close my note book, went to the little corner of my room and talk to God about many issues in my life. Pastor Ulf once said that angels are around us when we pray or talk to God. So I asked the angels around me to give me a hug.


On the following Monday, I have class until 10.15pm. It was tiring but very interesting. As Baby Vios was taking me back home, I felt the Love of God so overwhelming in the car. I suddenly just feel that I love God so much.


If I am not a Christian, nor have a beautiful House to go to every weekend, how dull will my life be?

Lifeless and meaningless
Unfruitful and Idle
Foolish and Selfish

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:49 pm , Blogger olenju said...

Dear Xiaowei, I agree. Amen to your blog!! It's the ordinary things in life that sometimes i thank God for so much. Now i am also doing very ordinary things. Haha, marking, sipping coffee, reading your entries.. getting encouraged. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home