Friday, January 13, 2006

ABUNDANCE OF LOVE

I went shopping at Seiyu (Bugis) with my sister on Thursday as we need to shop for a birthday present for my mother.

We saw a very nice Braun Buffet (maroon) colour and wanted to get that for her. After we have chosen this bag, I saw another Braun Buffet (brown) bag, those smaller kind, with long straps, and you can “hang it” around your whole body.

But it was quite expensive. In the process of thinking whether to buy it, I kept telling my sister that I like this bag very very very much.

I took the bag, go to the mirror and kept staring at the mirror to ponder if I should really buy it. In the midst of all these, guess what did my sister do?

She told the sales girl behind me that she wanted to buy this bag for me! No wonder they are like so secretive!

I was so amazed when my sister told me this (cos I kept pestering her to tell me what she told the sales girl).

I know my sister is saving up for her studies fees and also for the Marketplace Building. And she normally DON’T buy anything when we go shopping, even when she sees something she really like. But she actually wanted to buy me a Braun Buffet bag out of her long time savings?!



And its not the first time I receive such a big token of love from my sister.


A few years ago, I wanted to go Hong Kong. Thank God that my father gave me a cheque to pay for all my expenses. However, my sister gave me about SGD700/- extra for me to spend in Hong Kong. Her reason – worried that I do not have enough to spend. And she was only a student at that time, yet she’s willing to give me this sum of money unconditionally.


When she was in France for student exchange, she scrimped and saved to buy me a Lollipop bag.

When we were in Australia a few yrs back, I passed by a shop in a shopping centre, which was playing beautiful new age music. I lingered outside the shop for a long long time (my sister beside me all the time), and then finally decided to walk away because I don’t bear to buy that CD.


After I walked away, my sister pulled me back into the shop, took the CD and paid for it right on the spot for me.


This year Valentine Feb 2005, she called up the florist and ordered a very beautiful bouquet of BLUE ROSES and has it sent all the way to my office in Kallang Sector.


When she got her First Pay during her Holiday Work (still a student then), she bought me a blue dress that cost about SGD100/-.


Who is my sister?


She is XIAOXUAN.


So GRATEGUL TO GOD for such a beautiful sister like Xuan.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home