Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Children are so pure


My cell group is really growing from faith to faith, glory to glory. We have a lot of new friends and quite a few stayed with us, and are so serious in the Word of God.


We have more students, many of them aged between 13 – 17. Students like Wanli, Calista, Jacinta and Jonathan. Every time I am with them, and listening to their conversations, I felt so amused and amazed. The way they talk about certain issues are so cute, so pure, so straightforward and so interesting. I really enjoy their presence.


Just want to mention something about Wanli, this is a girl who truly cares from her heart. She may not say much, but from her actions, you can sense that she really cares. She’s very sensitive and empathetic; she understands and has a big heart. I am very grateful for her.



For Calista, she’s very confident and strong. She’s very sensible and bright. I feel that she cares about her sister deep in her heart, though she may not exhibit a very loving demeanor on the surface.


For Jacinta, this is a girl with an inherent aura of confidence. Always joyful and proud. She’s probably those kind who will not let worries or sadness sticking on her for too long. She’s witty and fun to be with.


As for Jonathan, I am very very impressed with this little boy. He is a very GOOD boy. Obedient and polite. He looks at things from a very different perspective and the things he says never fail to bring a smile to my face.



He’s only a Christian for a few months and he’s so eager about the friends he wanted to reach out to. This coming Easter, he invited a few friends. To his dismay, they needed “EVIDENCE” to prove to their parents that they are really coming for an Easter event. We have some orange invitation cards, but Jonathan ran out of cards to give! (Can you imagine each person got about 10 cards!)


So I drove to his school this late afternoon to pass some cards to him. As my car drove nearer to the school gate, where he was waiting for me, I saw Jonathan in his uniform. I smile again – he looks so cute in his uniform.


He requested me to drive him home from his school since it was nearby. But before he asked me, he already planned HOW I SHOULD GO HOME FROM HIS HOUSE. He told me that there is a route from his house (pasir ris) to my house (yishun), so I don’t need to worry how to go home. How kind hearted this boy is.


Today our cg was fasting. On the way to Jonathan’s house, he told me he is so happy that he finally can go home and eat. The kind of RELIEF expression on his face is so amusing. He said he watched his friends eat today and he cannot eat anything. But he is not sulky about it. He’s just happy that he finally completed a “mission” and can go home to claim his “reward”. (he didn’t say this but he sound like this)


Well….. thank God for all the interesting events and people in my life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home