Monday, September 26, 2005

POWERFUL SALT OF THE EARTH

No matter how much I like my work, I will always have Monday blues. Its been 3 yrs of working life since I've graduated. Just dawn on me that this cycle has been repeating itself every Monday. If there are 52 weeks in a year, I will have about 52 x 3 yrs "Monday blues", which is 156!!!

I have wasted unnecessary body cells, brain cells, energy, strength, time on reminding about myself about Monday blues on 156 BEAUTIFUL SUNDAYS!

oh mine...... i better break free from this.

Today has been a POWERFUL BLUE for me, as well for my sister i believe. But the presence of God was so strong when i pray to Him in the toilet. I realise one very important thing, as Christians in the market place, we must be very STRONG - physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Our own emotions, must dissipate when tough circumstances are staring at us straight in our face. Every time our heart is weak, we must not fear. We must not be succumb no matter how many failures we've met. In Jams church, the tutors always teach the mentally disabled students that they must let go of past failures. My fav verse in prov 24:10, "When we fall in the days of adversity, our strength is small."

When i brought my mum to church on last friday service and she later left even before service started (just cos my brother didn't bring his keys) made me realise that we are facing a very strong force from satan ITSELF. (despicable satan, i give u an animal title)

And so I WILL BE STRONG IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. I will not fall but keep drawing strength from God. I will not let my emotions get the better of me.

True character is the ability to portray the right attitude and behaviour in the midst of intense emotions.

In my workplace, I will be strong.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Bible said we are the Salt of the Earth. How different we are from normal people if we lose our joy in our work and life, and the ability to encourage people even when we are down, when we have a heavenly Father we can run to every moment of our lives?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home