Sunday, November 30, 2008

Expectation

Feng bo bo came to church during Asia Conference and shared something which inspire me a lot recently. She said that she does not have to live up to any one’s expectation of her and she is free. As free as a little child in the Kingdom of God.


As I relate this to my work, I felt so comforted. It is only during this time that I recalled what Feng bo bo shared, and I know God is with me.


This coming Monday is my month end again, and there’s lots of stuff to take note off. Work has became more complicated because of certain issues that result due to economic downturn, and it is extremely stressful.


Perhaps things were going so well for me in work during this period of time, that I’ve started to allow pride to take place, which perhaps explained, why at times, I felt frustrated, if things go out of control. I felt a rebellion spirit building up in my mind subconsciously, that cause me to submit to higher authority unwillingly.


But God hates this kind of attitude. God places authority in our lives for a purpose, and no matter what, we have to submit, unless the authority requires us to do something against what the bible says.


If we’re to glorify God, and honor God in our marketplace, then we must be prepared to submit, and lose our pride for a good cause, for the glory of God. What is pride & submission, compared to the compliments from God, for a character well molded?


When I think about this, a deep sense of guilt came into my heart, convicted me that I’ve not glorify God, and lived up to God’s expectation of me in the marketplace.


But God is not like that. I believe that God grace is always upon us when we’re truly repentant.

And it is never too late to start all over again in the Kingdom of God.

When we make a mistake and fall, we can commit our guilt & shame unto God, and trust that God will help us get up again.

We must never lament too much on the lost time, relationships, resources and efforts because of our mistakes. Every new beginning from God is never too late.


"Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”
Rom 10:11


When we live our lives to align with the expectation of other people, we will lose heart easily when things go out of control, and when people speak unjustly against us. And when all goes well, pride builds up and we lose our focus.


1 Cor 3: 18 -19
Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world’s standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God.

As the Scriptures say,
“He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness.”




In reflection, it is better to let go of all what is expected of you, and just do the best that you know how, and trust in God to lead you, and empower you with the wisdom of God to live a great and victorious life.


When we do not let other peoples’ expectation of us rule our lives, we’re letting go of a great burden, and be truly free to work creatively & effectively, doing our best, regardless of whether our efforts are recognised publicly. Because God knows every good works that we have done, and God will give us a good reward in due season.



Below quote was recited by a yoga teacher during my yoga lesson at Pacific plaza. Inspiring!



Start by doing what's necessary;
then do what's possible;
and suddenly you are doing the impossible.


- St. Francis of Assisi

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home