Friday, October 13, 2006

Lovely Day

Today is Friday, and I am on leave. Right now I am leaning on the side of my sofa, with a green Ikea stool in front of me, and my slim notebook on top of it. I just finished tidying up my wardrobe, disinfecting the shoes, throw away old shoes, mop the floor, practice my point dance. Yesterday night, I went shopping with mummy at Bugis, and bought 3 pairs of beautiful shoes. I love them so much.


I felt great joy overwhelming in my heart. Today has been truly fruitful.


Have not been blogging my own thoughts for some time, but I have reading my friends’ blog, especially Xiangcen and sis Kless’ blog. Really felt encouraged and joyful reading their blogs.


Recently for me has been really hectic. I felt God stretching me in my capacity like never before.


In areas of work, my colleague went on maternity and I have to cover her work. Its like me covering two persons’ work, plus another colleague of mine is still inexperienced and very dependent on me. I felt very stressed.


But its when we are weak, then we are strong. And the Name of Jesus be lifted up high. These few weeks of immense work and problematic issues, God has never failed to empower me with supernatural wisdom to resolve the outstanding issues and overcome difficulties. Its like everything I do is flowing so smoothly. Even though I am not familiar with my colleague (senior) work, but I am able to understand the concept and apply a solution to every issue. Everything is working so smoothly that even myself cannot believe it. To be frank, I almost feel so proud of my newly added wisdom that I nearly trip over my pride.


Without God’s help, I would never be able to cope. Somehow, all the tasks which needed quite a period of time to do, I managed to finish it within a short time. How amazing God is. How faithful God is.


In terms of spiritual walk, I felt burdened as well. There are many people I loved and am concerned. Yet no matter how much, or what I said, it is their choice ultimately. God is a gentleman. He does not force people. I thank God for a greater responsibility, and I felt truly honoured for greater opportunities to serve. Yet I understand that there is a season for everything. No matter how burdened I feel, I must let go and let God. The yoke and burden of God is easy and light. I must take everything in stride.


One day when I was looking at my computer screen in my office during work, I thought I heard a clear voice of the Holy Spirit – we are looking for Strength, not numbers. We are looking for strong disciples, not shallow believers. Then I knew that God is doing a deep work of cleansing in His House.


I told God that if I help Him take care of His sheep, He must take care of my family. This is a covenant I have made with Him. And God will never short change us. He will never break His promise. He will bless our family with good health, prosperity, quality and quantity time, success, and long life. All abundance will overflow in our family, and salvation will come to my brother, father and mother. Together, me and my household will serve God together, one day.


In retrospect, what would have happened if I have never knew God? Dire.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:25 am , Blogger olenju said...

Dear Xiaowei, it's a beautiful Saturday n i got up at 7! :D I was meditating on when i am weak, then I am strong too! God is really good n confirms. One cg girl here messaged me this verse last week too! haha. When I am weak, then I am strong! Enjoy cell group today!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home