Sunday, July 22, 2007

HILARIOUS @ RESERVOIR

Really want to thank God for all that happened today. For without God’s presence, the extreme hilarious fun and joy will not be there.


My father decided to bring us to Upper Pierce Reservoir for a walk. Though was a bit tired after a long day, I was very encouraged by my father’s suggestion because its been a long time since we’ve had a great time at the reservoir.




On the way there, he stopped by the golf station nearby and instructed me to buy 5 COLOURFUL golf balls. Hmmm…. I was wondering what was he up to…??


As we stepped out of the car and walked towards the long stretch of path beside the waters, with beautiful flowers alongside, my father started to stop for a while. Then he started to take out the 5 golf balls and placed 3 balls side by side on the rough ground.


With 2 more balls left in his hands, he started to walk away from the 3 balls and came to a spot about 2.5 metres away. With the balls, one by one he used it to aim at the 3 rested distanced balls.

His goal is to play this game like a professional bowler would do, and make sure his attempted aims are fruitful. So this is a bowling game on a rough stretch in a reservoir setting! My father is so creative huh! Hahahhaha…..


The next funny thing happens……..

My father wanted to compete who can WALK the fastest. Yet the rule of the competition is, we are all supposed to TAKE ONE STEP AT THE SAME TIME TOGETHER. No one is to walk more than a step than the rest. Immediately I told my father I will SURELY win because my leg is so much longer than his lor……..


Of course my father doesn’t believe in me. Guess what?! As the competition started, we began to take 1st big step together, then 2nd big step together….

When it comes to the 3rd step, my father held my hand and said, “STOP!”. He decided to give up this competition because he is simply too far behind me even in a SINGLE STEP.

I laugh so hard that I think the whole reservoir can hear me!!!




The next super hilarious thing happened. Not willing that this competition just stop right here………. I suggested to my family that we play another competition. This time we still compete who walks the fastest. But we really walk with speed, and not taking one big step together at the same time.



When the competition started, my father, mum, sis and myself, in one single row, started to walk REALLY FAST. However, the action of walking fast together with your family members was really very very funny.


You could feel someone beside you walking so fast and trying so hard. When I was walking speedily, I closed my eyes! Because the moment I opened my eyes, I laugh so hard at my family members that I almost tripped over!!!



It was such a simple thing in a simple setting. Yet everything can be so fun and so meaningful. I am really very grateful for this great quality time with my family. A time so well-spent that I wouldn’t give, even for what the world could offer.


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:40 pm , Blogger olenju said...

Ey, it sounds so heart-warming... I would love to do silly and crazy things with my family like that too!! :) And the picture is BEAUTIFUL. :)

 
At 2:42 pm , Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

hahhaa........ the picture is really Upper Pierce reservoir --> taken by a professional photographer who posted it on the net :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home